Saturday, September 3, 2011

The miracle of 'Matte'

Fall is just around the corner, beauties do you have matte nail polishes in your collection? -I have NONE!

Last week I was thinking and I really wanted matte polishes but I didn't want to buy another set of so many polishes for who knows how much $$$... I was on my beautylish account and read the article about Matte nails and how they're in season, btw, it SAVED my butt-ox loads of money. MATTE TOP COAT! -It's my new best friend. I'm so into beauty and everything but where have I been 'cause I certainly didn't know about this until about 2 weeks ago.

A lot of nail polish brands are making their own Matte Top Coat (London Butter, China Glaze, Essie, Hardcandy & etc...) I ordered 2 from China Glaze (which is not here yet) . Yes, 2! Just because I know I'll be using it pretty often this fall/winter. I have so many colors I want to try out. I didn't know that Essie and Hardcandy made one until AFTER I ordered from China Glaze so I made a trip to my local Walmart and purchased Hard Candy Matte Top Coat, came home and immediately tried it out.

I couldn't believe how fast it dried and how fast it turned from gloss/shiny/shimmer to MATTE! I was literally jumping up and down. For those of you that don't know, they are just like any other top coat (apply on top of polish) except this ones dries really quick. But remember you can't use a fast drying serum for it or else the matte goes away; Defeats the purchase of having matter nails.

Anyways, go try it out and let me know how you like it! Even if you try out a didn't brand, I still want to know. (I'll update after I receive my other ones from CG. I might even have a favorite)

XOXO,
Mai Yia

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mai Yia,

    I loved your post on “The Miracle of ‘Matte.’” I do have some matte nail polishes, mostly because last fall when Matte was the only acceptable nail wear, I went out and bought a few, but I definitely was going to buy more for this fall/winter, but now I won’t have too. I am so excited to go out and buy a Matte Top Coat! Thanks for the tip!

    Now that summer is officially over, it’s a great time to repair sun-damaged skin. Pamper your skin by exfoliating, hydrating and brightening. Naturopathica’s Sweet Cherry Enzyme Peel, Vitamin C Revitalizing Complex and Plant Stem Cell Serum will do just the trick.

    Sweet Cherry Enzyme Peel:
    This Peel is the perfect post summer mask, formulated specifically for sun damaged skin; exfoliating with Cherry and Pomegranate leaving the skin bright and smooth.

    Vitamin C Revitalizing Complex:
    This light moisturizer contains vitamins A, C & E, which are potent antioxidants that help to neutralize free radicals and protect your skin from everyday pollutants in our environment.

    Plant Stem Cell Serum:
    This certified organic serum has been designed to significantly slow down the aging process of skin cells. These cells are proven to increase collagen synthesis and hydration as well as increase the skins suppleness and elasticity.

    If you are interested in trying any of these products (or anything else in our natural and organic skin care line), please let me know. Hope to hear from you soon!

    All the best,
    Suzie Morgan

    Marketing Associate
    Naturopathica Holistic Health
    127 W 26th St.
    New York, NY 10001
    suzie@naturopathica.com
    www.naturopathica.com
    facebook.com/naturopathica

    ReplyDelete